GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Length: One trimester/one-half credit (may not be repeated for credit)
Students in this course will be introduced to the basics of graphic design including: Typography, professional design software, elements and principles of design and design history. Students use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign to create various independent and group projects.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech Credit.
- Chromebook or other type of computer
- iPad (can be checked out from the school)
- LinkedIn Learning Website
- Adobe Website
- other texts and websites applicable to the field
- Course Introduction
- Classroom Introduction
- Classroom Computers
- All About Me –> Add Portfolio Creation after this next term
- What is Graphic Design?
- Introduction to GMetrix
- Adobe Illustrator Part 1
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- Masters of Design // Otl Aicher
- Create an icon
- A Brief History of Graphic Design
- Low Poly in Illustrator
- Masters of Design // Adrian Frutiger
- Typography Scavenger Hunt
- Word Look
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign
- MY REASON WHY
- Masters of Design // Paula Scher
- Text Portrait in InDesign –> ???
- Layout and Composition
- Advertising Design
- Basics of Yearbook Spread Design
- Careers in Graphic Design
- Portfolio Website