GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Length: One trimester/one-half credit (may not be repeated for credit)
Students in this course will be introduced to the basics of graphic design including: Typography, professional design software, elements and principles of design and design history. Students use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign to create various independent and group projects.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech Credit.
- Chromebook or other type of computer
- iPad (can be checked out from the school)
- LinkedIn Learning Website
- Adobe Website
- other texts and websites applicable to the field
A – Classroom Introduction
- Student Questionnaire
- Course Introduction
- Classroom Introduction
- Classroom Computers
- Portfolio Cover Design
- Portfolio Creation
B – Graphic Design Basics
- What is Graphic Design?
- Great Graphic Design
- iPad Basics
- Careers in Graphic Design
- A Brief History of Graphic Design
- File Formats
- How do visuals affect you?
- How can you use visuals to “manipulate” customers?
- How to create thumbnail sketches?
- Printing Technologies
C – Introduction to Adobe Fresco
D – Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
E – Introduction to Typography
F – Introduction to Adobe InDesign
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign (needs some changes!)
- MY REASON WHY
- Layout and Composition
- Page Design Basics
- Advertising Design