GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Length: One trimester/one-half credit (may not be repeated for credit)
Students in this course will be introduced to the basics of graphic design including: Typography, professional design software, elements and principles of design and design history. Students use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Express to create various independent and group projects.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech Credit.
- Chromebook (provided by the school)
- iMac (provided by the school)
- Headphones (provided by the school)
- iPad (provided by the school)
- LinkedIn Learning Website
- Adobe Website
- other texts and websites applicable to the field
At the end of this course, students will be able to …
… create a basic vector graphic in Adobe Illustrator.
… compose an effective layout in Adobe Express.
… identify basic typographic terms.
… demonstrate workflow.
… demonstrate effective work habits and teamwork.
A – Classroom Introduction
B – Graphic Design Basics
- What is Graphic Design?
- Great Graphic Design
- iPad Expectations & Safety
- iPad Operation
- A Brief History of Graphic Design
- Careers in Graphic Design
- File Formats (tentatively)
- How do visuals affect you? (tentatively)
- How can you use visuals to “manipulate” customers? (tentatively)
- How to create thumbnail sketches? (tentatively)
- Printing Technologies (tentatively)
C – Introduction to Adobe Fresco
D – Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
E – Introduction to Typography
F – Layout and Composition
- Layout and Composition Basics
- “Some” Poster –> TBD
- MY REASON WHY in CC Express
- Homecoming 2023 Advertising (tentatively)