GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Photography or Basics of Visual Communication
Length: One trimester/one-half credit (may be repeated for credit)
Students in this course develop and further their skills in digital photography, project-management, team-work and leadership. Students use Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) to create various independent, group and community projects. Projects may include: Stop motion animation, photo collage, studio photography (people and products), photojournalism, event photography and portfolio design.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech credit.
- Chromebook or other type of computer
- Digital Camera – can be checked out from the school
- Nikon Website
- Digital Photography School Website
- LinkedIn Learning Website
- Adobe Website
- other texts and websites applicable to the field
- Course Introduction
- What is Photography?
- What is a good photo?
- The Good vs. The Bad Photo
- Introduction to the iMac
- Introduction to Google Drive on the iMac
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
- Color Splash Effect
- Introduction to advanced Digital Cameras
- Introduction to Lenses
- Masters of Photography: Annie Leibovitz
- People Photography (Project)
- Introduction to Studio Lighting
- Portrait Photography (Project)
- Masters of Photography: J. B. Shepard
- Pet Photography (Project)
- Product Photography (Project)
- Finalize Portfolio Website
- Portfolio Review