GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Length: One trimester/one-half credit (may be repeated for credit)
Students who take this course for the first time will be introduced to the basics of digital photography including: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, depth of field, camera operation, handling & safety, light quality & quantity, composition and professional photo editing software. Students who re-take this course develop and further their skills in digital photography, project-management, team-work and leadership.
Students use Adobe’s Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and other photography software to create various independent and group projects with some of them benefiting the school and broader community.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech credit.
- Chromebook or other type of computer
- Digital Camera – can be checked out from the school
- Nikon Website
- Digital Photography School Website
- Lynda.com Learning Website
- Adobe Website
- other texts and websites applicable to the field
- Course Introduction
- Masters of Photography: Ansel Adams
- Masters of Photography: Annie Leibovitz
- Masters of Photography: Chris Orwig
- Masters of Photography: Steve McCurry
- Sports Photography W23
- Sports Photography W24
- Sports Photography W25
- Studio Photography