GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Basics of Visual Communications or Graphic Design.
Length: One trimester/one-half credit (may be repeated for credit)
Students in this course develop and further their skills in graphic design, project management, teamwork and leadership. Students use Adobe’s Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) to create various independent and group projects to benefit the school and broader community. Projects may include: posters, logos, greeting cards, business cards, flyers, advertisements and/or portfolio design.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech Credit.
- OHHS Google Account
- 3-Ring Binder or 3-Prong Folder to organize your work
Course Overview (Projects)
- Activity 1 – All About Me
- Activity 2 – Course Overview
- Activity 3 – Classroom Introduction – Review
- Activity 4 – Classroom Policy
- Activity 5 – Library Card
- Activity 6 – Classroom Computers – Review
- Excuse Me
- Science Poster
- Mini Me
- Low Poly
- #OUR REASON WHY
- Awareness Poster
- Logo Design
- Portfolio Website
- Warhol Portrait
- Bathroom Door Decals (for Extra Credit)
Done? Talk to Mrs. Jansen about doing an Extra Credit assignment. Click here for more specific instructions.