In this unit, students will apply the tools they learned in the previous units. They will …
- deepen their understanding of using the Nikon D3200.
- deepen their understanding of basic photography terms.
- express creativity through Photography.
- solve different sort of challenges in a photographic way.
- learn about and experiment with about Adobe Photoshop.
- Photos have to be taken with a DSLR (not your phone, tablet or point-and-shoot camera).
- Do not use the flash.
- Use Manual Mode, Aperture Priority Mode or Shutter Priority Mode – do not use any of the automatic modes!
- Photos have to be taken specifically for each assignment.
- Work on one challenge at a time to maximize learning.
- Follow these steps.
- For each challenge, get an Evaluation Sheet from the worksheet bin and fill it out as you go.
Extra Credit Topic: “Green”
- People (with shallow Depth of Field)
- PNW (with deep Depth of Field)
- Intro to Photoshop
When you run out of things to do, find more ideas here: Independent Photography Projects