Amazing student work will be displayed March 12-31 in a prominent space within the School District Office. This is a great display opportunity for any student.
Submit to Mrs. Jansen by March 1, 2018
What to submit:
- Your favorite printed artwork from this course.
Check out what this looked like in previous years:
This is an art show for high school students hosted by the Whidbey Island branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW). The show is divided into five categories: wall art, photography, jewelry/wearable art, sculpture and pottery. If you wish to submit something other than a photograph, talk to the other art teachers. Winners are VERY highly encouraged to be present at the reception to accept their prizes.
What to submit:
- Your best photograph
- Artwork Label
- $100 for first place
- $75 for 2nd
- $50 for 3rd.
- Shutterbug Award of $100 in photography. This is given by our member, Nancy Hodges, in honor of her father, a professional photographer.
- Friday, May 4th, 10 am–7 pm, Opening Reception and Award Ceremony at 6 pm
- Saturday, May 5th, 10 am–5 pm
Location: Coupeville Recreation Hall
Check out previous winners:
Hosted by The Guild (OHHS’ art club), this art show features artwork created this school year by students in the art department.
When: May 14-25 (tentatively)
Where: OHHS Mat Room
Check out impressions form previous years:
From the organizer: “This art show is intended to demonstrate youths’ response to the social conditions around them, rather than simply being a showcase for young peoples’ more general artistic capacities. We’re looking for art with a message, as we seek to encourage a dialogue between youth and adults about what is to be celebrated and what is to be mourned about today’s world. So many adults have told us that they don’t have a window into what youth are thinking these days, and they would like to start a dialogue with youth.”
Sign up to participate no later than April 8, 2018!
What to submit:
- Artwork (photograph or design) that shares your reactions/responses to today’s world.
- Signed Artist Waiver
How to participate:
- Tell Mrs. Jansen you want to participate.
- Submit artwork to the Graphic Arts Server –> Dropbox –> Art Show Submissions
- Artwork will then be printed on special paper and mounted on mat board to present.
- $150 for best overall
- Additional prizes from $25-$100
Dates of Art Show: May 11–June 11, 2018
Location: Bayview Cash Store, 5603 Bayview Road, Langley
This is a poster contest for Sexual Assault Awareness Month hosted by CADA. Students are invited to submit artwork for posters that CADA will be using for their awareness campaign throughout the month of April and the winner(s) will receive a cash prize, as well as have their artwork displayed throughout the county.
This year’s theme: “Embrace your Voice”
Prize: $50 VISA Gift Card
Submit to Mrs. Jansen by March 20, 2018
Check out winning designs from previous years:
Create a poster for this year’s car show hosted by the North Whidbey Lions Club.
Submit to Mrs. Jansen by January 31, 2018.
- Size: US Letter with 0.125 bleed – stay 0.25 in away from edge with any text
- Full color
- 33rd Annual Car Show
- Windjammer Park, Oak Harbor, Washington
- Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Photo of winning car from previous year
- Lions International Logo
- Major sponsors’ logos (Les Schwab and Auto Plus)
- Proceeds go to the North Whideby Lions Club’s Community Projects
- For more information or to register: (360) 679-1595, email@example.com or e-clubhouse.org/sites/northwhidbey
- Photography by Photographer Name
- Design by Designer Name (OHHS Yearbook Club)
Check out previous winning designs:
Hosted by The Guild (OHHS’ art club) and Oak Harbor Christian Reformed Church, the 6th annual end of the year art show’ purpose is to exhibit the extraordinary artistic vision of the Oak Harbor youth. This is an evening of art, music and food in a classy atmosphere.
Submit artwork to Mrs. Jansen by May 17 if you want to participate.
When: Thursday May 25th, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Where: Christian Reformed Church, 1411 Wieldraayer Road, Oak Harbor