In this unit, students are going to learn
- to create a wireframe in InDesign
- to import graphics into InDesign
- to adjust the fit of graphics
- to create master pages in InDesign
- to create and use color swatches in InDesign
- to import text document into InDesign
- to create style in InDesign
- to work with tabs in InDesign
- to create tables in InDesign
- to save and export a file from InDesign
Get the Evaluation Worksheet form the worksheet bin.
Follow along Chapter 7 and do what the instructor says. Save a copy at the end of the videos to your Google Drive – NOT the Team Drive folder – name them as listed below.
- Watch “InDesign Quick start tour” and take notes.
- Watch “Creating a new document” and do what is says. When it prompts you to create a new document, name it: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V2.indd
- Before you start, save a copy (File –> Save as …) of the file you created in the second video and name it: “GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V3.indd”. Then watch “Working with Master Pages” and do what is says. Save at the end again.
- Before you start, save a copy (File –> Save as …) of the file you created in the third video and name it: “GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V4.indd”. Then watch “Importing graphics into InDesign” and do what is says. Save at the end again.
- Roundtrip editing with Photoshop – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V5.indd
- Adjusting the fit of graphics – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V6.indd
- Importing text into InDesign – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V7.indd
- Creating text styles in InDesign – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V8.indd
- Creating object styles in InDesign – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V9.indd
- Creating tables in InDesign – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V10.indd
- Finalizing the design – Filename: GD-InDesign-Lastname_Firstname-V11.indd
- Just watch “Using InDesign Publish Online” – DON’T DO WHAT IT SAYS