In this unit, students learn the basic functions of Adobe Illustrator by creating a logo. Skills to learn include:
- Drawing basic shapes for your logo
- Combining shapes together
- Drawing complex shapes
- Setting type in Illustrator
- Adding color to your artwork
- Tracing raster graphics using Image Trace
- Creating patterns and gradients
Get the Evaluation Worksheet form the worksheet bin.
Follow along Chapter 6 and do what the instructor says. Save a copy at the end of the videos to your Google Drive – NOT the Team Drive folder – name them as listed below.
- Watch “Illustrator Quick Start” and take notes.
- Watch “Importing a rough Sketch” and do what is says. When it prompts you to create a new document, name it: GD-Illustrator-Lastname_Firstname-V2.ai
- Before you start, save a copy (File –> Save as …) of the file you created in the second video and name it: “GD-Illustrator-Lastname_Firstname-V3.ai”. Then watch “Drawing the logo” and do what is says. Save at the end again.
- Before you start, save a copy (File –> Save as …) of the file you created in the third video and name it: “GD-Illustrator-Lastname_Firstname-V4.ai”. Then watch “Create a color theme” and do what is says. Save at the end again.
- Creating point type in Illustrator – Filename: GD-Illustrator-Lastname_Firstname-V5.ai
- Using the Touch Type Tool – Filename: GD-Illustrator-Lastname_Firstname-V6.ai
- Creative Cloud libraries