GRADES: 9, 10, 11, 12
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Graphic Design or teacher permission.
Length: One semester/one-half credit (may be repeated for credit)
Students in this course develop and further their skills in graphic design, project-management, team-work and leadership. Students use Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) to create various independent, group and community projects. Projects may include: Magazine design, book design, poster design, logo design, event branding and portfolio design.
Course qualifies for Fine Arts and Career & Tech credit.
- OHHS Google Account
- Sno-Isle Library Card
- Folder to organize your work
Introduction (same as Basic Graphic Design class)
- Goosefoot Art Show
- Logo for Wildcat TV
- Greeting Cards
- Poster for Tolo Dance
- Various Project – get them assigned by Mrs. Jansen
- Poster for CADA (same as Basic Graphic Design class)
- Science Posters (from Basic Graphic Design class)
- “Excuse Me?” (from Basic Graphic Design class)
- Low Poly Illustration
- Logo and T-Shirt Ideas for OHHS CTE Department
- Branding for an Event –> Logo, Poster, Decoration and something else (ticket?)
- Book Cover Design –> Create one for your favorite book
- Ad Campaign Design –> Poster and Flyer and something else (for a product – the book?)
- Calendar Design
- Editorial Design –> Layout for an article in a magazine
- Corporate Design –> Branding for a Company (Logo, BC, Letterhead, Website, Stamp, Pencil, Ad)
- Type/Font Design
If you get done with all projects early, come up with more project ideas to work on.
Use this Overview Sheet to keep track of your tasks.